Funzione primaria dell’International Master in Economics and Finance (IMEF) è quella di facilitare l’inserimento degli studenti nel mercato del lavoro nazionale e internazionale attraverso l’acquisizione dei più recenti strumenti teorici di indagine economico-finanziaria e la loro pratica applicazione. Conseguentemente, si preparano specialisti capaci di operare nelle diverse “business units” delle istituzioni bancarie e finanziarie e nelle società di consulenza.
Le aree di indagine verso le quali si pone maggior enfasi sono quelle del risk management, banking, corporate finance e asset allocation. Il programma è svolto in lingua inglese al fine di incoraggiare la cooperazione e l’interazione fra studenti provenienti da diversi paesi e il corpo docente internazionale.
The International Master in Economics and Finance is a 2nd level, post graduate programme, in accordance with the Italian University system. The International Master in Economics and Finance is a truly unique programme. No other school in Italy can offer a faculty of such high-standard international ranking. Here are some of the factors that make the Master in Economics and Finance outstanding:
- Faculty – The faculty is recruited from the world’s most renowned international academic institutions of Economics and Finance, as well as from business organizations operating in the financial sector. The faculty’s aim is to widen and deepen participants’ understanding of financial concepts whilst empowering them with hands-on practical skills that can be applied in the real world.
- Classmates – With no more than 20 participants representing many nationalities on the current program, participants will be enriched both in terms of work experience and cultural diversity, as well as through close interaction with instructors.
- Career – Recruiting is favored by the organization of an internship for each student of the Master. IMEF counts on a wide range of contacts with European and Italian financial institutions who host our students for an internship period that can be interpreted as a trial period before definite employment.
The aim of the Master is to train students to acquire a deeper and more sophisticated knowledge of the economic analysis of markets and financial institutions. The primary function of the Master is to facilitate the entry of students into the domestic and international labour market by providing them with the most recent investigation tools, at both theoretical and applied level, thus preparing specialists in the fields of the analysis of financial markets, risk management, banking and corporate finance. Courses are held in English, so as to adopt a more international approach and to encourage interaction between Italian and non-Italian students, as well as the international teaching staff. The faculty is recruited from the world’s most renowned international academic institutions of Economics and Finance, as well as from business organizations operating in the financial sector.
The Master in Economics and Finance programme:
- provides participants with a strong foundation in the principles and practice of Economics and Finance;
- furnishes participants with the analytical tools and new skills necessary to acquire a sound basis for financial decision-making;
- helps individuals to enhance their management effectiveness in the field of Economics and Finance;
- brings students into the most operative packages for quantitative analysis of financial problems by utilising the supplied EViews® and Matlab® and the database provided by Datastream®
Who should apply?
- Young graduates seeking to specialize in the theory and management of financial markets in an international context
- Young professionals at the beginning of their career in the financial services sector or in the finance function of business companies.
- Professionals with a few years’ experience who want to complete their training.
- Graduate students wishing to take a Master’s Degree in preparation for a Ph. D. programme in this area.
- Graduate students in a non-economics quantitative subject, such as physics, mathematics, engineering and statistics who wants to develop skills useful in the field of applied finance.
The Master is intended for Italian and non-Italian graduate students (holding a specialist or four-year Italian university degree, or an equivalent university qualification in the case of non-Italian applicants).
Persons wishing to be admitted to the Master must satisfy one of the following requirements:
- hold a five-year specialist/master degree (laurea specialistica/laurea magistrale) in accordance with the new Italian university system;
- hold a four-year degree in accordance with the previous Italian university system (ante D.M. 599/1999);
- hold an university qualification obtained abroad, equivalent to the previous italian ones.
Non EU candidates with a foreign academic qualification shall attach the following: the academic qualification certificate including the list of exams taken, with sworn translation into Italian (Apostille); a “statement of value”, issued by the Italian embassy/consulate in the country where the institution issuing the academic qualification is based, certifying that the qualification is valid for registration at a university course – in that country – equivalent to the Master in Italy. The statement must declare the number of schooling years before the degree.
If candidates are not able to deliver the “statement of value” within the application deadline, they can fill in the forms in Annex “C” and “A” of this announcement. In this case, candidates will be admitted “under reservation”. Therefore, they will have to submit the required original documents upon enrolment.
Annex “A” is required from EU students.Through that, the Academic Board determines the educational equivalence of the foreign graduation.
Non-EU citizens shall also submit, for enrollment, stay permit and/or original Visa (In the case of Visa, applicant must ask for a stay permit within the following 8 days and submit it).
Applicants are allowed to apply to the Master before obtaining their degree. However, they must acquire their degree within the academic year previous to the one in which the Master falls in and submit the degree certificate, to be regularly enrolled.
(e.g.: Master edition 2012-13, degree obtained within the academic year 2011-12).
Applicants are not allowed to enroll in the Master and in other university courses at the same time.
A good proven knowledge of English and a solid background in quantitative methods (mathematical and statistical) applied to Economics are indispensable for access to the course. Admission to the program is decided by a careful, comparative evaluation of each candidate’s qualification by the Academic Board, which evaluates the candidate’s ability and reserves the right to submit an entry test.
La figura professionale è quella di un esperto in grado di operare nei seguenti settori: investment management; security analysis and brokering; corporate finance; venture capital and corporate restructuring; corporate planning and consultancy; retail and commercial banking; trading and risk management.
Il corso sviluppa le conoscenze per accedere ai ruoli direzionali e manageriali presso società bancarie, finanziarie e assicurative, come pure per essere operativi all’interno delle diverse business unit o divisioni funzionali in cui è articolata l’istituzione finanziaria o l’area finanza delle imprese, sia a livello nazionale, sia internazionale. A tale scopo, il programma varrà svolto, in ogni suo aspetto, in lingua inglese.
Tra gli sbocchi occupazionali si segnalano istituzioni bancarie, società di gestione del risparmio e società di intermediazione mobiliare, hedge funds, centri studi e università, società di rating e di consulenza, società di assicurazione.
Modern financial management requires a theoretical and operational knowledge which, building on the more traditional micro and macroeconomic concepts, includes the fields of financial institutions, corporate finance, the theory of financial markets and the mathematical, statistical and computational techniques necessary for the analysis of, and forecasting from data. The Master’s Programme is designed to meet these requirements in an integrated form so as to offer the students a degree, which will facilitate their entry into a rapidly expanding sector of international business.
The Programme will be especially suited to the needs of those companies that have a strategy of increasing their participation in the global economy.
The programme of the International Master in Economics and Finance will be held at the ICEF (International Center for Economics and Finance), Department of Economics, University Ca’ Foscari of Venice.
The training activities are divided into three terms:
- First term: September – December
- Second term: January – March
- Third term: April – June
They involve classroom lectures, interactive classes, exercises, seminars, practical training sessions and the preparation of a final paper.
Participants are required to attend the various educational activities in the Master’s programme full-time. In exceptional cases absences will be justified if they are properly supported by documentary evidence.
The course of studies will observe the following calendar:
- Macroeconomics for Finance
- Microeconomics and Stochastic Processes
- Foundation of Corporate Finance and Banking
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Corporate Finance and Financial Markets Microstructure
- Asset Pricing and Derivatives
- International Finance
- Risk Management
- Economy of Risk in Insurance and Volatility Measurement
The programme will close with on-the-job training sessions or with the preparation of an individual project.
Durata 12 mesi, a partire da settembre Stage All the graduates of the past programmes have rapidly found positions in very important research departments and financial institutions. The graduates' current high ranking job positions prove the employers' general satisfaction and appreciation. Recruiting is favored by the organization of an internship for each student of the Master. IMEF counts on a wide range of contacts with European and Italian financial institutions who host our students for an internship period that can be interpreted as a trial period before definite employment. Students are introduced to the financial institutions through seminars held by practitioners who already work within these institutions. Usually, after such seminars, an individual interview with each student is organized in order to provide a first orienting encounter before the internship selection. Lingua Inglese Borse di studio e finanziamenti Il Master in Economics and Finance è “Master INPDAP Certificated”, pertanto vengono messe a disposizione alcune borse di studio a totale copertura delle tasse di iscrizione in favore dei dipendenti della Pubblica Amministrazione e dei figli e orfani di dipendenti della Pubblica Amministrazione e di pensionati INPDAP. Maggiori indicazioni su http://www.inpdap.gov.it.