The aim of the full time (one year) or part-time (two years) Master of Business Administration in Finance and Responsible Investment is to offer a predominantly professional-oriented education that addresses corporate finance and the broader sustainability agenda for responsible investment.
Your intellectual and creative capacities will be enhanced through both theoretical analysis and experiential projects in Switzerland and on abroad undertaken under careful guidance of faculty composed by academics as well as experienced professionals in their own field. These projects are part of our innovative teaching methodology based on the principle “learning by doing”.
Instruction in relevant research methodology is provided, directed towards the appropriate application of its results as a regular part of professional practice.
As a result of theoretical analysis and applications you will develop the capacity to interpret, organize, and communicate knowledge, and to develop those analytical and professional skills needed to practice in and advance the profession. During the courses you have the opportunity to network with our partners while searching for job or enhancing your career.
Specifically at the end of the MBA – Master of Business Administration in Finance and Responsible Investment Program students will be able to:
- Apply and demonstrate awareness of advanced theories on corporate finance and sustainability;
- Autonomously manage financial projects;
- Develop the capacity for leadership in this rapidly evolving sector;
- Develop the managerial attitude towards a low-carbon economy;
- Use responsibility and a solid ethics in investment management.
The Sustainability Management School provides an exclusive education. Places are limited in order to ensure an effective experiential learning with our partners.
Requirements for the MBA in Sustainability Management:
- Signed application form & 2 passport photos
- Photocopy of a valid passport or ID
- Official Certified University Transcripts and Diplomas, with certified translation if not originally in English
- Official Certified Transcript of Master Studies (if applying for transfer of credits)
- CV / Resumé indicating both complete education and any work experience in reverse chronological order
- Bank statement showing at least CHF 9000 or equivalent (only for students in need of a visa or student permit)
- Study plan indicating why the student chooses Switzerland, why Sustainability Management School, what the student plans to study, how long it will take, what degree(s) the student intends to achieve, and the student’s plans to leave Switzerland after completing his/her studies (mandatory for students in need of a visa or a permit)
- If you are not a native English speaker, or if you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school: TOEFL (minimum score of 550 PBT or 80 IBT), or IELTS (minimum score of 5.5), or other Standardized English Placement Exams. To submit the TOEFL test score to the Sustainability Management School automatically, please enter SUMAS’s TOEFL® Institutional Code number – 4629 when you take the test.
- Application fee of 150 CHF
- Areas of study: Corporate Sustainability, Financial Management and Responsible Investment, Leadership and Development of Professional Skills.
- Small Classes: individual lectures upon request.
- Entry Requirements: Students admitted to graduate degree programs are demonstrably qualified for advanced academic study.
- Starting Dates: January, April, June and September.
- Length: 3 terms (full-time program) or 6 terms (part-time program).
- Content: 13 core modules, 1 elective (8 options: Banking; Accounting and Tax for Sustainability; Green Economy; Future Urbanism; Natural Resources Management; Fashion Management; Sustainable Management of Parks, Protected Areas and Urban Landscape; International Marketing and Greenwashing) as well as projects in collaboration with our local and international partners and a final dissertation based on empirical research.