The post-graduate specializing Master in Industrial Automation, is offered by the Politecnico di Torino in partnership with COMAU.
Its aim is the training of new graduates in Engineering for the creation of a new generation of high level specialists: Industrial Operation Leaders, Project Managers, Purchasing Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Site Managers and Technical Leaders. These profiles integrate technical and managerial skills in order to fulfil the requirements of the various phases of the project management and to present a strong international characterization.
This Master Course is a unique chance to be trained in an international environment on advanced projects with a job opportunity in COMAU since the beginning.
The professional profiles are characterized by technical and managerial skills and can collaborate in all phases of definition, realization, installation as well as the start up and the management of the project.
The 2nd level specializing Master Course in Industrial Automation provides competences in the following fields:
- cooperation during the phase immediately after reception of the order
- participation in the definition of functional specifications, basic as well as detailed project definition, definition of project plan
- participation in the order management on site, in relation with the different business functions, as well as with suppliers and customers, focusing on scheduling, costs and performance of the order
- supervision of the installation phase, test and customer care in Italy and abroad, with particular attention to critical phases of “Commissioning” (start up) and “Qualification” (testing of the plant and the productive process) and eventual conformity to regulatory requirements
- participation and verification during the Commissioning work progress and coordination of eventual corrective actions.
In order to be considered for selection applicants must meet with two admission requirements:
- at the time of starting the 2nd level specializing Master program applicants must hold a full degree (M.sc, laurea specialistica, laurea magistrale) in one of the following fields:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- Automation Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Energy and Nuclear Engineering
- Management Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Naval Engineering
- applicants must be under age 29 at the expiry date of application.
- Further, a good knowledge of the English language is considered an essential prerequisite for the final selection.
The level of proficiency will be evaluated by Comau S.p.a. during the interview.
Based on the number of applications received and according to the number of places available, the Scientific Committee may evaluate the admission of candidates with a degree in a different study area, provided the possession of specific work experience or training assessed in the selection.
Applications are open to students of all nationalities and must be in line with the following requirements:
- Candidates with a citizenship from an EU country must have obtained the requisites of a University Master degree title in the field on Engineering valid in Italy.
- Candidates with a citizenship from a NON-EU country must have obtained the degree title in an Italian University and a VISA for study still valid at the time of the beginning of Master.
At the end of the selection process, in order to be enrolled in the master program, the selected students shall have to comply to the Italian requirements stated by the law on education that doesn’t allow simultaneous enrolment in other universities courses.
A maximum number of 15 participants is foreseen. The specializing master program will be activated on condition that there are at least 10 students.
The 2nd level scpecializing Master program is expected to start in January 2013.
The Master course is highly oriented to experiential learning through a combined training method (classroom – laboratory – lecture- business case – ) provided by Politecnico di Torino and Comau’s managers.
The educational training at Politecnico includes 400 hours of coursework, conducted by institutional Professors with a consolidated experience and knowledge in the corresponding thematic fields.
The theoretical coursework at Politecnico will be completed with a practical training in COMAU S.p.a. This apprenticeship has a duration of 800 hours and will be acknowledged with 28 ECTS credits.
The core will be the project work, which relates to the curriculum and is performed in one of the Comau Business Units, during the working period.
The project work will be an integral part of the final Master Thesis. The participant will be supported in developing the project work by the business Tutors, academics as well as business experts.
- Customer Product
- Methods, Technological Process & Architectures
- Line Builder Product Development
- Training on the job, Seminars & Project Work
All lessons classes will be held at the Lingotto Campus, in Via Nizza 230, Torino.
The official language of the Master is English.
The 2nd level specializing Master will be realized only if the funding request will be accepted by the “Regione Piemonte”.The call for applications entitled “Alta formazione continua in apprendistato 2011-2012” has been published by the Regione Piemonte and focuses on:
- employment (before the official start of lectures) of the selected graduate students under age 30 at time of hiring by the company COMAU S.p.a. (ex art. 50 Lgs. 276/2003 – Riforma Biagi);
- educational training at the Politecnico di Torino and in Comau S.p.a., to be concluded with a 2nd level specializing Master title at the end of the training period (that had been envisaged with a duration of two years).
The specializing Master Thesis dissertation concludes the Course and finally leads to the award of the 2nd level specializing Master Degree in Industrial Automation, issued by the Politecnico di Torino.
In order to get the specializing Master Degree the participants must attend at least to 2/3 of the lectures hours (certificated by signature), to pass all foreseen examinations and to successfully conclude the stage/project work and Thesis activities.
Durata The specializing master program is expected to start on January. The master program will last 2 years.
Costo The specializing Master program is free of charge for the selected students. COMAU will offer them a job opportunity, hiring them from the beginning of the specializing Master course under a “High Apprenticeship Contract”. Politecnico di Torino is going to present a funding request in the framework of the regional call for proposals aimed at funding training options for apprenticeships (Bando regionale per la sperimentazione di percorsi formativi in apprendistato di cui all'art. 50 del D. Lgs. n. 276/2003 s.m.i. per l'acquisizione del titolo di Master Universitario di I e di II livello di cui alla D.D. n. 482 del 15/09/10). The Master will be realized only if the funding request will be accepted.