The aim of the full time (one year) or part-time (two years) Master of Business Administration in Sustainability Management is to offer a predominantly professionally-oriented education that addresses sustainability challenges facing leaders in today’s complex work patterns. This Master Program is interdisciplinary since it blends business strategy, natural and social sciences.
Designed for all professionals in corporations, nonprofits and governmental agencies demanding sustainability knowledge and practice. Applicants learn how to apply innovative solutions for a sustainable economy, society and environment.
The Sustainability Management School provides an exclusive education. Places are limited in order to ensure an effective experiential learning with our partners.
Requirements for the MBA in Sustainability Management:
- Signed application form & 2 passport photos
- Photocopy of a valid passport or ID
- Official Certified University Transcripts and Diplomas, with certified translation if not originally in English
- Official Certified Transcript of Master Studies (if applying for transfer of credits)
- CV / Resumé indicating both complete education and any work experience in reverse chronological order
- Bank statement showing at least CHF 9000 or equivalent (only for students in need of a visa or student permit)
- Study plan indicating why the student chooses Switzerland, why Sustainability Management School, what the student plans to study, how long it will take, what degree(s) the student intends to achieve, and the student’s plans to leave Switzerland after completing his/her studies (mandatory for students in need of a visa or a permit)
- If you are not a native English speaker, or if you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school: TOEFL (minimum score of 550 PBT or 80 IBT), or IELTS (minimum score of 5.5), or other Standardized English Placement Exams. To submit the TOEFL test score to the Sustainability Management School automatically, please enter SUMAS’s TOEFL® Institutional
- Application fee of 150 CHF
The first part of the MBA – Master of Business Administration in Sustainability Management program is constituted by theoretical analysis and the second one is mainly focused on developing practical skills. This Program of Study involves the transmission of existing knowledge or the development of new applications of knowledge within different fields of investigation. Specifically, the practical-oriented projects are guided by academics, consultants and professionals. These projects are part of SUMAS’ innovative teaching methodology which includes video conferences with leading speakers in business schools and multinational organizations around the globe.These activities not only encourage knowledge sharing but are also valuable career-building networking opportunities.
Theoretical Analysis and Practical Application:
Your intellectual and creative capacities will be enhanced through both theoretical analysis and experiential projects in Switzerland and on abroad undertaken under careful guidance of faculty composed by academics as well as experienced professionals in their own field. These projects are part of our innovative teaching methodology based on the principle “learning by doing”. Additionally, instruction in relevant research methodology is provided, directed towards the appropriate application of its results as a regular part of professional practice. As a result of theoretical analysis and applications you will develop the capacity to interpret, organize, and communicate knowledge, and to develop those analytical and professional skills needed to practice in and advance the profession. During the courses you have the opportunity to network with our partners while searching for job or enhancing your career.
Specifically at the end of the Program students will be able to:
- Apply and demonstrate awareness of advanced theories on sustainability management
- Autonomously manage sustainability projects
- Develop the capacity for leadership within business administration in sustainability management
- Develop the communication skills crucial to share knowledge
- Use diversity philosophy and a solid work ethic.
- Length: 3 terms (full-time program) or 6 terms (part-time program). .
- Content: 13 core modules, 1 elective (8 options: Future Urbanism; Natural Resources Management; Green Economy; Banking; Accounting and Tax for Sustainability; Fashion Management; Sustainable Management of Parks, Protected Areas and Urban Landscape; International Marketing and Greenwashing), projects in collaboration with our local and international partners and a final dissertation based on empirical research.
- Areas of competency: Sustainability & Innovation, Responsible Management, Leadership and Development of Professional Skills.
- Classes run mornings and evenings: small classes.